Info Select Vista and Windows 7 FAQ
Info Select 2007 users - upgrade to version 2007.00.42. If this doesn't help, try the steps below.
How do I prevent Info Select from asking me to enter the activation password each time I start it under Windows Vista or Windows 7?
Right-click on the Info Select shortcut on the desktop, choose "Properties" and enable the "Run as Administrator" option. Then launch Info Select using this shortcut and re-enter your permanent password to register the program properly.
If the above doesn't help, try the steps below:
Info Select doesn't save my data, password or settings under Windows Vista or Windows 7.
This may be due to Vista and Windows 7 security settings when Info Select is in C:\Program Files. To correct this, move the Info Select folder out of Program Files (e.g. C:\Info Select) as follows:
- Backup your data.
- Uninstall Info Select.
- Re-install Info Select to the new chosen folder (e.g. C:\Info Select).
- Move all files and folders from C:\Program Files\Info Select into the new folder from the prior step.
- Before running Info Select, right-click on the Info Select shortcut on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Go to the "Compatibility" tab and check the compatibility mode for "Windows XP SP2"; Click "OK".
- Right-click on the Info Select shortcut on your desktop again and choose "Run as Administrator" from the pop-up menu. This will allow Info Select to save the activation password properly.
- If you have a backup program, include the new location of Info Select data files.
On some occasions, Vista and Windows 7 will not allow Info Select to register properly if running as Administrator. To have Info Select installed and registered properly, try to create a user account which doesn't have the Administrator privileges, login to your computer under this account and try to install and register Info Select.